Need support or counselling for your whanau or rangatahi? We can help. Take a look at the social services we provide.
Other Social Services
Supported Bail is a Six week One on One Support programme for young People on bail and their family/whanau
If the young person does not meet the conditions of their bail, then the Police, Child, Youth and Family, and the Supported Bail Youth Worker will work with the young person to try and help them comply with their bail conditions. In addition to assisting the young person to comply with bail conditions and reduce their offending the outcomes for the young person and their whanau/family may also include:
- Increased self esteem
- Improved social skills with positive social interactions
- Developing strengths and aspirations
- Reinforcing positive cultural identity
- Improved family functioning
- Linking into employment opportunities
The successful completion of bail conditions is considered favorably by the judge when and if a sentence is required.